Hirschmann Certified Training: Industrial Ethernet - CT1
In this Industrial Ethernet course participants will learn details of the technical fundamentals and deployment objectives of the world's most widely used LAN communication protocol. At the end of the course participants will have a good understanding of Ethernet, as well as its role in industrial networking, both now and in the future. For additional topics related to industrial Ethernet, participants should attend the Industrial Networking (CT2) training course.
- Standardisation bodies
- ISO/OSI layer model
- IEEE 802
- IEC The Physics of Ethernet
- Copper-based networks
- Fibre-based networks
- Physical interfaces
- Half duplex and full duplex
- Ethernet frame
- Understanding MAC addresses Ethernet in half duplex mode
- Ethernet access method: CMSA/CD
- Hubs Ethernet in full duplex mode
- Switching mechanisms
- Forwarding database
- Delay of frames Network Availability
- Rapid spanning tree Traffic Control
- Flow control
- Quality of service
Technology training course for system engineers, network designers, and trade and paraprofessional support technicians who are building, supporting, or migrating an industrial Ethernet network.
Participants will have a good understanding of Ethernet.
No previous knowledge of the subject is required.
All relevant course materials are included.
Materials to bring
Pen/pencil and notebook, If available, participants should bring a laptop with Ethernet connection and an operating system CD. Administrator rights are requird
Participants will be awarded a Hirschmann certified certificate.
Today all manufacturers consider Ethernet essential as a future-proof protocol for communication between various hardware and software platforms - both inside and outside industrial environments. Ethernet makes it possible to connect many different PLCs and PC-based systems, in a seamless transparent network, which stretches from the factory floor to the boardroom.
RMIT Short Course Offering
- Hirschmann Certified Training: Industrial Networking - CT2
- Hirschmann Certified Training: Industrial Routing - CT3
- Hirschmann Certified Training: Rail-Family - Theory and Practice - CP1
- Hirschmann Certified Training: Network Management with Industrial HiVision - CP2
- Hirschmann Certified Training: Industrial Backbone Components - Theory and Practice - CP3