Hirschmann Certified Training: Industrial Ethernet - CP1
In a professional environment, participants receive in-depth knowledge about the OpenRail, Open MICE, MACH, and OCTOPUS Layer 2 functionality. This includes installation, commissioning, and supervision. training is part theory and part practice. The necessary knowledge about functions and deployment possibilities of the products are taught in individual theory blocks. Each block is followed by practical exercises, designed to familiarise participants with the devices through first-hand experience.
- Overview of Hirschmann products
- The Platform Concept
- Device PropertiesForm factor
- Temperatore ranges
- Power supplies
- Certifications Basic Settings
- Firmware management
- Configuration management Switching
- Port configuration
- Multicast control
- VLANs Redundancy
- HIPER ring
- Rapid spanning tree
- Multiple spanning tree
- Ling aggregation Diagnostics
- Port mirroring - Device status
- Topology discovery
- Configuration check
- Event log Security
- Port security
- Authentication (802.1x)
- DHCP relay and serve
System engineers, Network designers, Trade and paraprofessional support technicians who are building, supporting, or migrating an industrial Ethernet network
On completion of the course, participants will have knowledge in:
- Open MICE
- OCTOPUS Layer 2 functionality
An understanding of Ethernet, for example, Industrial Ethernet (CT1) and Industrial Networking (CT2) is required.
All relevant course materials are included.
Materials to bring
Pen/pencil and notebook. If available, participants should bring a laptop with Ethernet connection and an operating system CD. (Administrator rights are required.)
Participants will be awarded a Hirschmann Certified certificate.
The extensive range of Hirschmann switches enables a broad sprectrum of applications for both large and small networks. Despite the simple installation procedure, these devices required expert selection, commissioning, and supervision, so that resilient functionality can be achieved under even the most extreme of industrial conditions.
RMIT Short Course Offering
- Hirschmann Certified Training: Industrial Ethernet - CT1
- Hirschmann Certified Training: Industrial Networking - CT2
- Hirschmann Certified Training: Industrial Routing - CT3
- Hirschmann Certified Training: Network Management with Industrial HiVision - CP2
- Hirschmann Certified Training: Industrial Backbone Components - Theory and Practice - CP3